My friend handed me a list of foods to regulate in our diet. He said these are the top five cancer-causing foods that he got from the health seminar in their company.
So, the top five are…
1. Hotdogs – because they are high in nitrates, the Cancer Prevention Coalition advises that children eat no more than 12 hotdogs a month. If you can’t live without hotdogs, buy those that are made without sodium nitrate.
2. Processed meats and bacon – Same as hotdogs, bacon and other processed meats contain sodium nitrates. These types of food raises the risk of heart disease and the saturated fats in bacon also contributes to cancer.
3. Doughnuts – are cancer-causing double trouble. First, they are made with white flour, sugar, and hydrogenated oils, then are fried at high temperatures. Doughnuts may be the worst foods you can possible eat to raise your cancer risk.
4. French fries (my favorites 🙁 ) – Same as doughnuts, they are made with hydrogenated oils and then are fried at high temperatures. They also contain cancer-causing acryl amides which occur during the frying process.
5. Chips, crackers and cookies – all are usually made with white flour and sugar. Even the ones whose labels claim to be free of trans-fats generally contain small amount of it.
After reading the list, I noticed that the list was taken from www.naturalnews.com. So, I went there and checked it out. It was then that I have finally realized that most of my favorites are bad for my health.