They might have lost their youth and their bravado long ago, they might have stopped going for hair dye treatment as the effects do not last long anyway, they must have stopped enjoying most of the things that they used to do as much now because of arthritis and other age related health issues, but there is no need for gifts and ideas for seniors to be dull and boring. Don’t you think they would rather enjoy the best this life has to offer now that they know they would not be around for much longer?
If need be you can check out this website, http://www.parentgiving.com/shop/gift-shop-415/c/, for a lot of great and useful gift ideas for seniors. They have products ranging from bed heaters to lumbar cushions and walker caddies to therapeutic massager to warming footsies and mittens.
Of course, you can always gift your elderly mom or dad simple yet priceless gifts like bringing them to a park or cooking a fine dining dinner for them or reading their favorite paperback to them, perhaps. I am sure they will highly appreciate the gesture.
My friend handed me a list of foods to regulate in our diet. He said these are the top five cancer-causing foods that he got from the health seminar in their company.
So, the top five are…
1. Hotdogs – because they are high in nitrates, the Cancer Prevention Coalition advises that children eat no more than 12 hotdogs a month. If you can’t live without hotdogs, buy those that are made without sodium nitrate.
2. Processed meats and bacon – Same as hotdogs, bacon and other processed meats contain sodium nitrates. These types of food raises the risk of heart disease and the saturated fats in bacon also contributes to cancer.
3. Doughnuts – are cancer-causing double trouble. First, they are made with white flour, sugar, and hydrogenated oils, then are fried at high temperatures. Doughnuts may be the worst foods you can possible eat to raise your cancer risk.
4. French fries (my favorites ) – Same as doughnuts, they are made with hydrogenated oils and then are fried at high temperatures. They also contain cancer-causing acryl amides which occur during the frying process.
5. Chips, crackers and cookies – all are usually made with white flour and sugar. Even the ones whose labels claim to be free of trans-fats generally contain small amount of it.
After reading the list, I noticed that the list was taken from www.naturalnews.com. So, I went there and checked it out. It was then that I have finally realized that most of my favorites are bad for my health.